When is it Time to Build a Website?
One of the common misconceptions about small business websites is that they are only necessary for online sales. Many businesses just starting out see the Internet as another type of storefront — a place to display your wares and allow people to shop from the comfort of their own homes. So if your business doesn’t plan on selling things online, it might seem like an unnecessary expense to even bother with a website.
This simply isn’t true. Whether you’re an adventure tour company in the backwoods of Maine or a small mom-and-pop store right here in Utah, web design is all about developing trust with your visitor, establishing yourself as an authentic business, and encouraging new customers to stop by.
Size Doesn’t Matter
You might tell yourself that because you are a sole proprietorship, or because you only have two part-time employees, you don’t need to establish a web presence. However, most of today’s consumers agree that there is something almost untrustworthy about companies that don’t have any sort of website at all. People use the Internet to find things like:
- Store Addresses
- Hours of Operation
- Phone Numbers
- Company Missions and Values
- Photos and Descriptions of Your Goods and Services
- Investment Opportunities
Having any of this information inaccessible makes it seem like you might not be a legitimate business — and that’s the kind of publicity no one wants.
The Timing is Right
If you’re still on the fence about whether or not a website is part of your business plan, it’s a good idea to ask yourself just where you intend to go in the next few years. If any of the following are relevant to your business, it might be time to start that website plan.
- You hope to increase the number of customers you see on a daily basis
- You are currently only advertised in the Yellow Pages or other common directories
- You have a low marketing budget and want the most powerful results for your money
- You plan to start selling items online
- You offer specialty items/services that require more detailed explanation
- Your brick and mortar storefront is difficult to locate
- Your competitors are online
- You want to increase your local, regional, national or international visibility
- You need a fast and easy way to offer promotions
- You will be expanding in the next few years
- You are recruiting new talent/employees
If you’re ready to start exploring what an online presence can do for you and your company, we encourage you to contact us today. Our simple and streamlined website design solutions are perfect for both local and national companies.
Getting a website doesn’t have to be stressful or a huge expense. And in terms of marketing potential, there is no faster and easier way to reach your audience than online.